PayEx is recruiting a senior Compliance Officer to our office at Kungsgatan 36 in Stockholm.
The compliance function covers PayEx’s legal entities and branches in the Nordic countries. The work entails some travelling and contact with the operations in Sweden (Stockholm and Visby), in the other Nordic countries.
Working at the Compliance Function at PayEx entails close dialogue with managers and employees in the business with a focus on ensuring compliance with regulations, in parallel with having a strong business focus and a solution- and collaboration-oriented approach.
As Compliance Officer you will, amongst other, be responsible for the following tasks:
- Support the business in establishing and subsequently enforcing regulatory compliance in each area as needed.
- Conduct monitoring activities within the most important areas from a compliance perspective.
- Drive change processes for ensuring high level of compliance maturity in the business.
- Present findings from compliance activities to stakeholders and to the Risk and Compliance Committee.
- Establish and withhold relations with counterparties in Swedbank.
- Represent the Compliance Function in identifying risks within the framework of the NPAP.
- Participate in the development of risk analysis and the function’s annual plan.
- Support operations in the preparation and revision of governing documents.
- Maintain an individual responsibility within a specific regulatory area.
- Continuously monitor new rules and related trends in the outside world and pass this on to the organization.
- Educate employees, the management teams and the boards about new rules and other compliance-related areas.
- Make sure that your own competence is kept up-to-date by reading, attending compliance-related seminars, attending training according to the function’s training plan, etc.
As a Compliance Officer you report to the Chief Compliance Officer in PayEx.
Skills required to succeed
To succeed in this role it is important that you are a good communicator and have knowledge and experience from working in a Compliance function, preferably at a bank or payment institution. Furthermore, you need to be comfortable in interacting with people at all seniority levels. We expect you to have a proactive and supportive approach to problem solving, as well as having the ability to deliver quality work and meet deadlines in a growing and developing environment. We also expect that you are able to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously under time pressure with high attention to details.
- A university degree in law and +8 years of relevant working experience, preferably from the payment/financial industry.
- Knowledge of Swedish, Nordic and EU regulatory frameworks for financial and payment institutions and for Debt Collection Companies.
- Fluent in English both spoken and written.
- Microsoft office skills, high level.
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Solution oriented, self-motivated and positive team player with solid structuring skills.
Applications will be handled on an ongoing basis and we look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible. All applications are handled confidentially.
Questions? Please contact PayEx Chief Compliance Officer, Kristina Malmberg Dorm: Kristina.MalmbergDorm@payex.com.
PayEx is a Nordic group with about seven hundred employees in four countries, and since 2017 a wholly owned subsidiary of Swedbank.
The PayEx Group includes two business areas Ledger & Factoring and Swedbank Pay. Swedbank Pay offers complete payment solutions for retailers and e-commerce. PayEx Ledger and factoring offers services within rating and billing, invoice and account management, debt collection, credit management and financing.